What Is a Joint Land Use Study?
A Joint Land Use Study (JLUS) is a cooperative land use planning effort conducted as a joint venture between an active military installation, surrounding cities and counties, state and federal agencies, and other affected stakeholders. The Camp Rilea JLUS is funded through a grant from the Department of Defense (DoD), Office of Economic Adjustment (OEA) and contributions by Clatsop County.
What is the Camp Rilea Joint Land Use Study?
Clatsop County received a grant from OEA to fund the preparation of the Camp Rilea JLUS. To complete this study, the County has partnered with cities, agencies and organizations in the area.
Camp Rilea is located in northwestern Oregon in Clatsop County, just south of the City of Warrenton. This JLUS is being conducted to address issues associated with the potential of future land use and development encroaching on the Camp. Since it is recognized that the operation of the Camp can affect, and is affected by, activity beyond its perimeter fences, creating strategies to foster a responsive land use plan and regulations for the surrounding area is important in order to balance appropriate uses, economic interests, and military readiness.
This website is primarily navigated using the buttons arranged horizontally near the top of this page. They are:
- Home – this is the current page, which provides a summary of the project and its intended purpose.
- JLUS Overview – provides an overview of the JLUS project, project objectives and how the plan will be developed.
- Meetings – provides the schedule of meetings and information that has been distributed at Committee Workshops and Public Workshops. While the information presented at public workshops will be posted here, we encourage you to attend, if possible!
- Resources / Links – Includes the electronic library of draft documents prepared throughout the duration of the Camp Rilea JLUS planning process. This part of the website also contains links to other useful reference materials.
- Contact Us – The two submenus provide a listing of who is involved in the creation of the JLUS and how to send us a comment.
- Planning Team Members – Under this menu item you will find contact information for Clatsop County, the manager of the JLUS program and grant. This tab also identifies the Policy and Technical Advisory Committee members that will guide development of the Camp Rilea JLUS.
The documents contained in this website are posted as Adobe Acrobat® PDF files. This file type ensures that what you see is the same as the hard copy version. PDF files can be viewed using the Adobe Acrobat® Reader, which is typically installed on your computer. If you do not have the Acrobat® Reader, you may download it for free from the Adobe website by clicking the button on the left.
Depending on your system, your screen may not change while a PDF file is loading. Click the "Back" button on your internet browser to return to this screen.